About me:

Originally from Hull, I now live in Llanberis, North Wales. Totally addicted to climbing, I work at the Indy Climbing wall and as a freelance routesetter to fund my dirty habit.

14 March 2011

California, what a hole!

Went out into the mountains today, well the slate anyway. I forged a path up the 'California' wall via Dwarf Shortage, a bolted E4 6a. The first ascent was done just last August, but once this route gets established it'll be a 'rite of passage' I reckon; perfect slabby wall climbing on just the right amount of holds. The route is meant to finish up Central Sadness (E5 6a) but knowing I had to strip the route myself I headed left to the P1 belay. I ended up about 10m above the belay before I could move across. This wasn't such a problem, but stripping the draws turned out to be pretty exciting. It involved a series of high octane, high speed plummets and pendulums, plus the reversal of a 5c/6a mantle. I probably wouldn't have had the fortitude to do this, had it not been for the Menai bridge-swing we did on Thursday night.

Also tonight we see the addition of a few new links. One to my mate Herve's blog, who's currently travelling the globe, going to everywhere you would rather be. The other takes to my Vimeo account. It has a couple of old videos from last year, of bouldering and other bits and bobs, so give that a skeg if you get chance.

On a conclusive note, thanks everyone for visiting the blog and making it feel worth it. I've had about 300 views in the first week which is wayyy more than I expected, so thankyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment