About me:

Originally from Hull, I now live in Llanberis, North Wales. Totally addicted to climbing, I work at the Indy Climbing wall and as a freelance routesetter to fund my dirty habit.

17 March 2011

A working title.

I've really got my work cut out the next few weeks. With a cubic fuck load of uni work, and a new famine regime on the go, I forecast arduous times ahead. Nonetheless, I'm feeling pretty up for it...

Since my last blog I've started portion control ready for the summer of pump. Last year I managed to lose over a stone by dieting, and it did wonders for my climbing, especially my endurance. So again I shall shed the winter layer and reach my 10 stone fighting weight! I also hope to realise the potential of capillary action by harnessing the power of aerobic capacity. In other words, I've started going for a run in the mornings. Well, I did it once but it was great. It energised me for the day and probably helped me shed a few micrograms. Hope I keep it up.

I would like to give blog updates of my weight, but our house scales are pretty naff and can vary by about half a stone in two consecutive weigh-ins, so I reckon recording attempts would be futile. Instead, weight loss analysis will be done by using a celebrity ass comparison rating. Currently I'm on a J-Lo, aiming for a Beyonce by week two.

In other news, I had an Indy session on Tuesday night, and had a crack at the new circuits. There's a 6b+ and a 7a+ (in reality 7a and 7c). After a few laps on the 6b+ I managed to get within 2 or 3 moves of finishing the 7a+ 3 times. This seems like the perfect standard of route for me right now.

I'll take this opportunity to introduce a few new blogs to you guys. First off is Andrew Mcque, he's a keen blogger, blogging about all there is to be blogged about in climbing, check it. Next up, Duncan Campell, a housemate of mine and a pocket-sized wad, mad keen for whippers and the Vector headwall. His blog, as well as reflecting on his climbing, appreciates other blogs and should unearth some interesting musings from around the world.

Anyway, excel is summoning my back for some fairly standard deviation so I'll be off, and maybe I'll see some of you at the LLAMF or in the pass this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment